Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Men and women are different

  • I just found out a friend is getting divorced.  
  • Betty and I are trying to help a couple who have signed divorce papers.  
  • More than one or two couples in the church are unhappy with their spouses.  

The reasons why married couples struggle are many and diverse.  There are almost always some main taproots that are spiritual such as pride and unforgiveness.  But what often looks like the main problem is how different men and women are.  Betty and I were married 20 years before we stumbled across a book about this that was a huge help. 

Anyway, here's Brian Regan to help you--at least for the moment--chuckle over the differences instead of simmer.


2 comments:

  1. So different. I'm glad God provides loving women in my life and godly men in Dave's life to fill in where we both lack. And people like Brian Reagan to make us both chuckle at the universal stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh. No doubt men and women are different, and he hits it pretty well (to use a bad golf pun). On the first level it makes me laugh. On the second it makes me wonder if I am normal when I try to engage my brothers in this way. Might i really be a girly man? maybe I should stick to football and Home Depot like real men do. That's the downside to me, it unwittingly enforces a stereotype that is not biblical.
    I want men to ask me how I'm loving my wife and kids, all the 'girly' questions and I believe if I love them - more importantly if I love Christ - I will be asking them as well. Thankfully, by God's grace, I am old enough now to not care what people think as much as I used to and will continue to attempt to follow God's Word. At least in this area. Now pardon me while I finish watching Pride and Prejudice...

    ReplyDelete