Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Why there's hope in a God in total control...

Knowing I believe God's in total control of His universe, its people, and all circumstances, people frequently ask me how I can fit horrific things into that conviction.  I had a conversation like that just yesterday.  

This morning on Justin Taylor's blog I read about Josh McPherson, lead preaching pastor at Grace Covenant Church in Wenatchee, WA.  He and his wife have gone through a world of agonizing pain and suffering.  
I used to say, years ago, when people would ask how I reconciled evil and suffering with the reality of a loving God, I’d say something like, “God did not cause it, but He can use it for good.” However, that answer quickly let me down. After 6 pregnancies in 6 years, 2 ending in difficult miscarriages, a third coming dangerously close, and 2 resulting in severe birth defects, I do not say that any more. Primarily because I don’t believe it to be true.



Here's the full sermon: http://www.gracecovonline.com/resources/sermons/sermon/the-smiling-face-of-gods-providence:-baby-mac--4.   

No comments:

Post a Comment