Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Is your faith real or imitation?

I was a sinner.
Condemned.
What could I do?
"I can rescue you," I heard Jesus say.
I turned in faith and He forgave me, made me God's son.
I rejoiced.
And went on my way.

That was a year ago.  I've shared my story of being rescued with a lot of people who've wished me well.  Privately, my wife tells me she's not seen much change in me.  It's true, I've still got a few things that make me human: a short temper, I don't help with the kids all that much, and I do enjoy some me time on certain websites that some of those people at the church would probably object to.  And no, I don't worry myself too much with people around me who are lost like some say I should.  But hey, I'm saved!  That's what matters!

I should probably read my Bible one of these days but I've found it's really hard to understand.  Some of our friends keep saying I should come to worship, but I don't see the need.  I can just as easily talk with God in my garage or out on a trail in the woods.

I do pray.  Just the other night our daughter was 45 minutes late for her curfew and hadn't checked in.  I was really praying then!

I'm a pretty good guy I think.  Ok, so maybe I don't help a lot of people but at least I don't hurt anybody.  That should count for something!

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves.  2 Cor.13:5

They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him.  Titus 1:16

The Lord knows those who are his...  Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.  2 Tim.2:19  

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’  Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’  Matt.7:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment